Pilonidal Cyst Treatment, Resection and Reconstruction
What is a Pilonidal Cyst?
A pilonidal cyst is a common type of cyst tissue located in the crease of a persons behind due mainly from skin infection and poor blood flow. With more than 75,000 reported yearly, it is safe to say its a common cyst issue that has medical treatment for. If not treated, Pilonidal cysts can get infected even more and become chronic. Pilonidal cysts can cause discomfort and pain anywhere from the anus to the tailbone.
Treatment for Pilonidal Cyst
Treatment plan for pilonidal cyst is made on a case to case bases depending on many factors including:
- if this is your first cyst?
- if this is your first skin issue?
- what medications you have taken?
- Do you currently have other cysts?
- What is your family history with the condition?
Depending on the type of cyst and condition, you may need surgery to remove the cyst completely. If surgery is not suggested, other methods for treatment include:
- Drainage of fluids: A small incision will be made to open and drain fluid from the infected cyst.
- Injection: Injections of medication can treat and prevent mild pilonidal cysts.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics can treat the inflammation, but not remove the cyst.
- Laser treatment: Laser therapy can remove ingrown hair from the location without any surgery. Multiple treatment will be needed for completion.
If you are recommended to complete surgery, it’s important to look after the wound and maintain good hygiene as it may be prone to infection again. Your wound care doctor will guide you through the home recovery process.
Pilonidal Cyst Treatment in Los Angeles
The Wound Institute of America in Los Angeles has the best treatment plan for pilonidal cyst patients. If a patient comes in with a current pilonidal cyst, he/she will be met with world class treatment from physicians, surgeons and podiatrists to heal the complex wound or have the best medical outcome for the wound.
If your looking for pilonidal cyst care in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Glendale, Pasadena, Long Beach, Pasadena., then please visit us at Wound Institute of America in the Los Angeles County for appointment or questions.
Wound Institute of America will get that smile back.
If you have an questions about wound care, wound care services, treatment plans, and anything related to our program, then contact Wound Institute of America of Los Angeles, where doctors will be happy to answer any questions that you may have or contact us through our Contact Page Form.
Wound Institute of America is located in Los Angeles County of CA.